Sunday, January 18, 2009

Race report from Saturday

Saturday's race was AWESOME Zach and I braved the cold to some good finishes. No one else signed up for the Jr race and instead of paying out 20 bucks a pop to race each other. He did the C race and I did the B race for the first time. Zach got the hole shot and was never less then 3rd spot. After what I have heard was some slipping in a frozen/mud covered corner not far from the finish the leader gaped him and one other and went on to finish by himself while the other racer in his group of 3 nipped him in the sprint and Zach finished a great 3rd. I had a bad first lap. Someone ran into me and I had to hop off my bike a couple of different times to fix my derailleur. But despite coming out of the first lap last I chased and caught many people and got 4Th. It was FREEZING around 20 degrees. Props to T. for winning.

L

No comments: